Sasuchan Development Corporation is the economic arm of the Takla Nation, the purpose of Sasuchan is to create economic wealth, inspiring careers and sustainable employment and business opportunities for the Takla Nation and conduct all operations in a manner that respects the land, the people, and the culture. Sasuchan’s head office is located in Prince George, BC.
Sasuchan is seeking a highly organized, detailed oriented Accounting Assistant. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced and challenging work environment, multi-tasking, and collaborating with all stakeholders that are a part of SDC Group, subsidiary companies, partnerships, and Takla Nation.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, duties include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting the Director of Finance and Corporate Controller as needed;
• Maintain and organize excel spreadsheets and records for the accounting department;
• Perform day-to-day financial transactions and data entry, including verifying, posting, and recording accounts payable/receivable data;
• Vendor Payments and cheque runs;
• Credit applications for new vendor accounts;
• Reconcile vendor statements;
• Check and verify vendor bills with project management teams to ensure accuracy for the accounting department prior to issuing of payment;
• Post invoices and payments to ERP in a timely and accurate manner ensuring expenses are charged to proper departments and accounts;
• Respond to all vendor inquiries and corresponding with vendors and clients through email and telephone;
• Review expense accounts and reimbursements filed by employees in Concur to ensure completeness, accuracy, and proper approval;
• Reconcile bank statements;
• Provide general support and coverage to the accounting team;
• Creation of AR invoices;
• Coverage of reception desk when needed;
• Other duties as required.
• Post-secondary education is preferred;
• 1-3 years related experience including the use of accounting software.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the accepted accounting principles;
• Attention to detail and numeracy skills essential;
• Must have strong computer skills and experience, M/S Office.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you please submit a cover letter and your resume, to help us get to know you and your experience better. We look forward to hearing from you!
We appreciate your time and effort taken to submit your application but please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview, thank you.
Although all applicants are encouraged to apply, preference will be given to those with Indigenous background.