Sasuchan Development Corporation is hiring for the position of HR Coordinator. SDC is seeking a highly motivated, organized, and positive team player to join our team. Sasuchan Development Corporation is the economic arm of Takla Nation, the purpose of Sasuchan is to create economic wealth, inspiring careers and sustainable employment and business opportunities for the Takla Nation and to conduct all operations in a manner that respects the land, the people and the culture. Sasuchan’s head office is located in Prince George, BC.
Reporting to the Manager, Strategy & Development, the HR Coordinator will manage day-to-day HR activities such as recruitment, managing and maintaining employee data, HR administration, creating HR communications, and onboarding.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
Implementing recruitment sourcing, posts job ads, short-lists resumes;
Coordinating and facilitating interviews with candidates and completes background reference checks;
Working with the hiring manager, prepares job offers and on-boarding process;
Process & file employment packages to verify they contain the required data, forms and applications. Follow up with missing or inaccurate information;
HR information management – HR drive, soft and hard employee files, HR database, HR SharePoint;
Probationary & Annual Reviews – works with managers to ensure these processes occur in accordance with approved guidelines and timeframes. Drives the annual review process to ensure employee awareness, engagement, and timeliness of the program;
Assisting in planning onboarding strategies and perform new employees’ orientation to deliver an exceptional first-day experience;
Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions;
Conduct and analyze exit interviews and make actionable recommendations based on data;
And other duties as required.
Experience & Technical Competency
Post-secondary education (Certificate, Diploma or Degree) in Human Resources, Business Administration and/or a related field or equivalent education and experience;
A CPHR designation and/or CPHR Candidate working towards CPHR designation is considered an asset;
Minimum 3 years’ experience in HR operations or recruitment;
Experience working in the resource sector an asset;
Tools & Process – Knowledge of and skill utilizing Microsoft Office;
Solid understanding of HR best practices, legislation, provincial employment standards and OHS regulations in British Columbia;
Possess strong organizational skills, resiliency to changing demands and managing priorities;
Proven ability to form strategic partnerships, build relationships and respect cultural diversity.
Personal Attributes and Core Skills:
– You are approachable and possess a positive “customer first” attitude;
– A strong business acumen across multiple functions in the business;
– Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
– High attention to detail with strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
– Ability to work as part of a team or independently without immediate supervision;
– Ability to quickly change focus for urgent requests and to work under multiple time-sensitive deadlines;
– Must respectfully challenge current processes and look for continuous improvement opportunities;
– Ability to remain calm and positive while responding to issues and people in difficult situations;
– Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information and in the face of high-stress and/or ambiguous situations.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you please submit a cover letter and your resume, to help us get to know you and your experience better. We look forward to hearing from you!
We appreciate your time and effort taken to submit your application but please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview, thank you.
Although all applicants are encouraged to apply, preference will be given to those with Indigenous background.